At the end of last week, Susan, at The Best Things in Life nominated me for a Liebster Award. I was thrilled, but before I accepted, I felt like I should achieve some crazy blogging milestone. So maybe I did not achieve a “crazy milestone,” but I posted my 50th post!
In the blogging world, 50 posts is not much—a drop in the perpetual post-bucket. However, for me, it feels pretty big. I put off blogging for a very long time because I was afraid that I would not be able to keep it up. I was afraid my hectic life would get in the way, and my blog would fall by the wayside with only 10 or 15 posts. While my posting has slowed down a bit since my spring teaching picked up at the beginning of February, I have still kept at it. I will get back to posting more regularly.
I took a look at the “Official Rules” for the Liebster Award —which seem to be ever changing and marginally “un”official. (The Liebster Award: The Official Rules). In looking at the rules, I realized that I had a little flexibility. And to me, flexibility means room to color outside the lines, something my creative self adores! But I will try to stay within the bounds of the rules as much as possible.
First of all, many thanks to Susan at The Best Things in Life for finding my blog in this jungle we call the Internet, and then nominating me for this award. Sometimes, finding the good stuff feels like magic, but other times, it seems like pure, dumb luck. As a blogger, I have to get better at the magic aspect of it.
Next, I will answer Susan’s questions:
- What state or country do you live in? The U.S.—New Hampshire.
- What is the best thing about where you live? Eventually, it stops snowing and spring arrives.
- What is your passion? Helping writers to develop their craft. Raising caring, happy children.
- How do you relax? Relax? Am I allowed to do that?
- Vanilla or chocolate? Um… is coffee an option?
- Favorite vacation spot? We have the most wonderful camp that we go to. It’s not really a “vacation spot” per se, but my children and I—and now some of our extended family and wonderful friends—have created some amazing memories there. Because it was the first “vacation spot” I was able to take my children to, it has become a very special place to us.
- Favorite band? Too many to mention—lots of bands and lots of solo artists.
- Why do you blog? I blog because I find it relaxing. I think that even though I am a little crazy creative and unique, there is much of who I am (to my kids, friends, students, co-workers, pets, etc.) that is part of the universal experience of humanity.
- What was the last book you read? I read a lot of YA literature. I just finished Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children for a class I’m teaching.
- Weirdest thing you have ever eaten? Lamb’s brain. Served on the half-skull.
And now that I have answered these questions, I will nominate six bloggers—who may, or may not, choose to accept the Liebster award—and pose some questions for them to answer:
Scribbles and Crumbs
Motherhood and all the rest
Bari Nan Cohen
Here are my questions:
- Where do you live?
- If I were a tourist in your area, what should I absolutely not miss?
- How long have you been blogging?
- Is there anything you have found surprising or unexpected about blogging?
- What are your blogging goals?
- In one sentence, tell me about your writing process.
- What is the most interesting place you have ever visited?
- What is your favorite book/series?
- Do you have any pets, and what types?
- What is your favorite book?
- What is your favorite movie?
I look forward to reading your responses!